Due to Covid-19 our ability to deliver our Coach Education Level courses have been limited. We do not currently have any Coach Education Level 1 courses in the calendar but may be able to deliver bespoke courses upon request. Contact Janine Norman, Education and Training Director for expression of interest.
We are currently working on improving our Coaching Education offers and bringing them online – for more information see: Online Courses (Coming Soon).
Level 1 Coach in Tchoukball
Our Level 1 course offers an introduction to tchoukball and will give you a great foundation for delivering this unique sport to athletes of all ages and abilities. The game is becoming increasingly popular in schools from primary to college aged students and can easily be adapted depending on age and ability.
The course is 3 hours long and is all practically delivered in a sports hall so arrive in sports kit and prepare to get active. Upon registration there will be a brief introduction to the sport and your tutor will take you through some footage before you get on court. Our experienced and friendly tutors will give you clear instructions and coaching points throughout.
What do I learn on the course?
- Practical ways of delivering tchoukball to beginners for the first time.
- The main rules of a full match and referee signals which you put into practice.
- Creative ideas in how to introduce rules, tactics and techniques, including shooting, defending and mini games.
- Different ways to adapt tchoukball depending on the ability/age of your players.
- Tactics and team formations for small and large games.
What do I receive upon completion?
- Level 1 e-certificate from Tchoukball UK
- Resource booklet including all of the content delivered on the course and more.
- Information on how and where to buy equipment.
- Coach Member status with Tchoukball UK.
We have qualified over 1500 Tchoukball Level 1 Coaches since our course was launched. Our average satisfaction rating for the course is of 8.9 out of 10.