The Tchoukball UK National Youth Cup 2018 is our national event for our youth teams. The competition is open to all schools, youth organisations, youth tchoukball club teams and interested parties. If your players were under 18 on 01 September 2016 then you can play! It’s your chance to compete with the best and the newest young players in the UK of all abilities. This year’s Youth Cup will take place on 10 March 2018 between 09:00 and 15:30 at Alexander Sports Centre in Bedford.
We separate our competitions into age groups based on the number of teams entering. These may change if we face large demand for certain ages of youth teams. For now, we aim to run the following competitions:
Enter the Youth Cup by completing the registration form at www.tchoukball.org.uk/teamregistration
Rules / Format:
- Under 18s: must be under 18 on 01 September 2017
- Under 15s: must be under 15 on 01 September 2017
Over the last few years, we have seen the competition grow to include teams from central London, Hampshire, Suffolk and the East and West Midlands. I am pleased to confirm the following programme for the day:
- 09:00 – arrival and briefing
- 09:15 – FREE coaching session with top UK coaches
- 10:00 – competition starts
- 13:45 – demonstration game featuring senior national players (depending on participation)
- 14:15 – competition finals
- 15:00 – presentations
- 15:30 – teams leave
The cost for the day will be £80 per team which includes all court fees, medals and trophies. Participants should bring a packed lunch.
- We welcome and encourage mixed gender teams.
- We welcome teams of all abilities. In recent years, we have had beginner teams playing safely alongside international youth players, gaining huge amounts of confidence and experience throughout the day.
- Players at a younger age group may play in the older age group if necessary.
- Unsure on the rules? Contact us at www.tchoukball.org.uk/contact-us and we’ll call you.
- Nervous about playing? Take advantage of the free coaching session first thing.
- You can enter more than 1 team per category if you wish.
I hope you’ll join us on the 10 March in Bedford.